We make progress against our goal by understanding adult consumers and connecting those consumers with our brands.
Our companies' marketing approach begins with adherence to our Mission and compliance with all legal, regulatory and internal policy requirements. Our Code of Conduct establishes the basic compliance principles for our businesses in several key areas, including marketing responsibly. We work hard to instill a culture of responsibility throughout our marketing and sales organizations and with our business partners.
Marketing programs vary among our companies and their brands. But the focus remains the same – to responsibly grow market share by enhancing brand awareness, rewarding loyalty and driving competitive conversion among adult tobacco consumers.
Examples of our tobacco companies’ marketing practices include:
- connecting with adult tobacco consumers through direct mail and websites;
- supporting product launches in adult-only facilities;
- working with retailers to merchandise tobacco products responsibly;
- denying requests to use their brands in movies, television, video games and other entertainment media; and
- advertising only in publications that meet the Food and Drug Administration’s proposed criteria.